Are you facing an issue of Fake Business Profile on LinkedIn from your business name? If you are the one then reading this article can be a good worth for you.
Imagine someone owning a LinkedIn page in your company’s name and trying to take your visitors to a fake site or give information that’s incorrect. It can be one the worst blow to your brand credibility and surprisingly this is getting very common.
LinkedIn is one of the largest professional networks in the world, and clearly, it has a large number of credibility businesses on it today. Having an official LinkedIn page adds to your brand’s value and in most cases leaves a positive mark in the mind of your visitors. So I am sure you wouldn’t want someone else to own your company’s Linkedin page.
We recently faced a similar situation with one of our clients whose LinkedIn company page was stolen by an unknown person, taking the visitors to a fake business site. When approached, this person asked for a high compensation to release the page. Indeed it’s a big headache but more importantly, it has affected our client’s Google rankings and online business credibility.
One of the most common ways to perform large-scale data harvesting attack is the use of fake profiles, where the malicious user presents himself as an important person in profile or public eyes. His main motive is to steal confidential information and ask for ransom. Sadly, LinkedIn is not immune to or protected against this disturbing phenomenon. I have seen so many people asking questions about how to report a fake business profile on LinkedIn?
According to our research, there are various solutions to report issues to LinkedIn.
- Report The Fake Business Profile on LinkedIn
You can flag inappropriate or fake business profile on LinkedIn (i.e. profiles that contain profanity, empty profiles with fake names, or profiles that are impersonating public figures).
To Report a file:
- Sign up on LinkedIn
- Click the More icon on the member’s profile.
- Click Report/Block.
- Select Report this profile in the What do you want to do? Pop-up window.
- Select the applicable reason for flagging the profile in the Tell us a little more pop-up window.
- Click Submit proceed or Back to review your options.
- Tweet On LinkedIn Twitter Account
You can follow these simple steps:
- Go to the Twitter official website.
- Login through your account.
- Search the “LinkedIn Help” page.
- Tweet whatever your issues are.
- Submit a Support Case to the LinkedIn
If you are looking for a support from LinkedIn for any issue, first of all, you must be signed in to your LinkedIn account in order to contact LinkedIn.
To submit a support case:
- Click Contact us at the bottom of the page.
- Select Get help from us from the available options. You can also click:
- Find an answer in Help Forum– to take advantage of community knowledge
- Find out how to do something– to get the answer you need, right now
- Suggest an improvement– to tell us how we can make your experience better
- Type a brief description of your issue or question and review the suggested Help Center articles.
- If you don’t find an answer to your question, click Next and answer all questions with a next to them at the bottom of the page. Filling out these required fields will help us assist you better.
- You can add a screenshot or supporting documentation that we can reference for troubleshooting by clicking Add an attachment.
- Click Submit. One of our Customer Service representatives will reply to you as quickly as possible.
These are the possible solutions through which you can report a fake business profile on LinkedIn. I have seen many other companies who have ignored such threats and later on paid a high price for it, which also affected their business credibility badly. If you are still stuck with these issues and are not been able to recover your LinkedIn account, contact us at Pure Design Solution. I believe Online Brand Management should be taken seriously. Drop a line in the message box and we will be happy to help you.
For more information, stay in touch with us through Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. You can call us at +91 124 4143050, or you may also write us at email@example.com. Visit our website http://www.puredesignsolution.com